Terms and conditions
linkr Terms of Service
Effective: November 1, 2017
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) are a contract between you and a Linkr Media Corporation . They govern your use of linkreducation.com’s sites, services, mobile apps, products, and content (linkr). By accessing and using the linkeducation.com (“site”) or using the services offered by linkr you agree and acknowledge to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not access the Site or use the Services. linkr reserves the right to change these Terms at any time. If a change is significant, we’ll let you know before it takes effect. By using linkr on or after that effective date, you agree to the new Terms. If you don’t agree to changes, you should delete your account before they take effect, otherwise your use of the site and content will be subject to the new Terms.
We recommend that you periodically check this Site for changes.
Rules of Use and Inappropriate Material
The linkr administrative team reserves the right to remove material deemed inappropriate for the site's overall mission and purpose. Posts and comments will be removed and emailed for editing to the author of the post or comment, if, for example:
- The post or comment includes profanity or hate speech
- The post or comment involves any form of personal attack
- The post or comment is devoid of content other than negativity or aggression
- The post or comment includes harassment, e.g. bullying
- The post or comment includes spam
- The post or comment violates the privacy of others
If you find a post or account on linkr that violates these rules, please flag it and send an email to [email protected]
If you violate a policy, linkr may contact you to explain. If you don’t adequately explain yourself or fix the problem, we may suspend your account or remove your content. We reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason, at any time, particularly to protect our services and community of users.
All logos of linkr are trademarks and/or service marks of linkr
This site is intended to foster learning and communication between students, teachers, organizations and educational institutions. We encourage open dialogue and the development of ideas here; we will do anything we can to guarantee that users of the site have a safe and comfortable place to write and learn collectively in a global writing, contemporary issues and critical thinking classroom.
- All content and images not created by users of the site, except where otherwise noted or implied, are owned and copyrighted by linkr and can only be used with permission.
- Using materials from this website on another website or for any other purpose requires authorization from linkr, Inc. and a visible link back to the linkr website.
- All features tailored to a project's goals provided by linkr are the sole and exclusive property of linkr, and no such features otherwise may be added to the platform provided by linkr without the express, written, prior permission of linkr.
All users of linkr should be 13 years and older. By using linkr you affirm that you are over 13. If we learn someone under 13 is using linkr, we’ll terminate their account.
Teachers who use this site must be aware of and compliant with local laws and institutional rules if any apply to the use of such tools in coursework.
linkr grants you a limited license to access the Site and use the Services in accordance with these Terms and the instructions and guidelines posted on the Site. linkr reserves the right to terminate your license to use the Site and Services at any time and for any reason or charge for commercial usage.
You are solely responsible for your use of the Site and Services. Because linkr serves as a repository of information, user-posted content does not represent the advice, views, opinions or beliefs of linkr, and linkr makes no claim of accuracy of any user-posted material. linkr archives links to third-party websites. The linked websites' content, business practices and privacy policies are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. The inclusion of a link on the Site or Services does not imply any endorsement by or any affiliation with Linkr Media, Inc.. In accessing the Site and Services or following links to third-party websites you may be exposed to content that you consider offensive or inappropriate. You agree that your only recourse is to stop using the Site and Services.
Feeds and API
linkr may provide access to portions of its Site and Services via RSS feeds and an API; for the purposes of these Terms, such access constitutes use of the Site and Services. linkr asks that you use these features respectfully, as outlined in the documentation. linkr reserves the rights to change these features at any time and to disable access to the feeds and the API at any time for any reason.
Trademarks & Copyrights
linkr, the linkr logo and the linkr design are copyright or trademarks of Linkr Media, Inc., and may not be used without express written permission from linkr, other than for attribution. All other trademarks not owned by linkr that appear on this Site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by linkr. linkr-originated content included on the Site, such as text, graphics, logos, software and the compilation of all content on the Site, is the property of linkr and its licensors and protected by Canada, United States and international copyright laws. Except as set out in these Terms, no reproduction of any linkr-originated content is permitted without written permission from linkr.
No Warranty and Limitation of Liability
linkr provides the site and services “as is” and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. linkr specifically disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, information accuracy, integration, interoperability or quiet enjoyment. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. You understand and agree that you use the Site and Services at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages that arise from such use. Under no circumstances shall linkr be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages of any kind, or any other damages whatsoever, however, arising, including by negligence, including, without limitation, damages related to use, misuse, reliance on, inability to use and interruption, suspension, or termination of the site or services, damages incurred through any links provided on the site and the nonperformance thereof and damages resulting from loss of use, data, or goodwill, whether or not linkr has been advised of such possibility. This includes if the site is hacked or services are unavailable. Your only right with respect to any dissatisfaction with this site or services or with linkr shall be to terminate use of this site and services. Some states do not allow the exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
linkr and you are independent entities,
Nothing in the Terms, or via use of the Site or Services, will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between linkr and you. These Terms supersede any previous agreement and represent the entire agreement between linkr and you. These Terms are governed by the laws of Canada without reference to conflict of laws principles. If any provision of the Terms is adjudged to be illegal or unenforceable, the continuation in full force of the remainder of the Terms will not be prejudiced, and the illegal or unenforceable provision of the Terms shall be severed accordingly. Any notices must be sent to linkr in English at [email protected]
If linkr doesn’t exercise a particular right under these Terms, that doesn’t waive it
You own the rights to the content and information you post on linkr. We may use your content to promote linkr, including its products and content. We will never sell your content to third parties without your explicit permission.You’re welcome to post content on linkr that you’ve published elsewhere, as long as you have the rights you need to do so. By posting content to linkr, you represent that doing so doesn’t conflict with any other agreement you’ve made. By posting content you didn’t create to linkr, you are representing that you have the right to do so. For example, you are posting a work that’s in the public domain, used under license (including a free license, such as Creative Commons), or a fair use. You are also responsible for the content you post on linkr, so if you post someone else’s Intellectual Property, you are legally responsible for doing so, and you take responsibility for the accuracy of the information you share herein:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with linkr (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- You control how visible each piece of content is through your privacy settings. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of linkr , to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your user name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about linkr, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We collect information about what linkr pages you access, information about your mobile device (such as device or browser type), information you send us (such as an email address used to register or communicate with us), and referral information.
When you use linkr, we may collect and store your Internet Protocol address to fight spam and other abuse; to personalize linkr Services; or to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how people use linkr Services.
When you create your linkr account and authenticate via a third-party service like Twitter or Facebook, we may collect, store, and periodically update the contact lists associated with that third-party account, so you can connect with existing contacts from that service who are on linkr.
Email from linkr
Sometimes we’ll send administrative emails about account or service changes, or new policies. You can’t opt out of them. You can always opt out of non-administrative emails such as daily digests.
Disclosure of your information
linkr won’t share your personal information outside the company, except in limited circumstances, such as: (1) with your consent; (2) to a vendor or partner who meets our data protection standards; or (3) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process.
Modifying your personal information or deleting your account
If you have a linkr account, you can access and modify your personal information, or delete your account here.To protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.If you delete your account, your account and content may be unrecoverable.
linkr uses third-party vendors and hosting partners, such as Microsoft Azure, for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology we need to run linkr. We maintain two types of logs: server logs and event logs.
DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) Compliance Statement
linkr recognizes and makes every effort to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
It is linkr’s policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement in compliance with the DMCA. This might include removing or disabling access to material, alleged to be related to copyright infringement.
In the event of a copyright infringement claim, linkr, in compliance with the DMCA, will make a good faith effort to contact the user who supplied the content that contains the material so that they may have the opportunity to make a counter-notification as specified in the DMCA. If no counter-claim is received within 14 days of notification, or linkr believes the claim to be reasonable, linkr will remove the materials referenced in the claim.
To file a copyright infringement notification with linkr , a written communication by email to [email protected] must be sent including the below information:
- A link to the page containing copyrighted work that has been infringed and a description of the nature of the infringement.
- Address and telephone number of the person making the copyright infringement claim. Inclusion of the following statement: I have a good faith belief that use of the copyright materials described above on the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
linkr will notify the user who posted the material in question within 3 business days of receipt of the copyright infringement claim.
The DMCA provides for counter notification if a site owner feels he or she is being wrongly accused of copyright infringement. A written counter-notification email must be sent, including the information below:
- Identification of URLs or material that has been removed or disabled by linkr.
- Name, address, telephone number, email address and a statement consenting to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located.
- Include the following statement:
"I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the item identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification and is not infringing on copyright.”
The counter-notification should be sent to [email protected]
linkr will notify the individual or agent who filed the initial copyright claim about the counter-notification within 14 business days of receipt of the counter-notification, and will take action to restore any material that has been removed, if such action seems reasonable. In cases where the parties cannot come to agreement on the copyright infringement claim, linkr will remove or restore material as deemed appropriate by the courts.
We’ll investigate any use of another’s trademark and respond appropriately.If you think someone is infringing your trademark, send the following information to [email protected]:Please note — we forward a trademark notice to the user who posted the disputed content. This might include your contact information, the name of your organization, and the contents of your notice. To protect your privacy, you may want to provide business rather than personal contact information.
Please include the following information when you submit a claim that there has been trademark infringement.
- Contact information: Your Name; Mailing address; Email address; Phone number
- The trademarked word or symbol
- The trademark registration number and country where you claim trademark rights.
- The category of goods and/or services in which you assert rights.
- A link to the content on linkr that you think infringes.
- A description of how particular content may create confusion. The more concrete, the better.
- The action you request (e.g., removal of a particular post).
- If you’re not the rights holder, describe your relationship to the rights holder.
A statement that:
- You have a good faith belief that use of the trademark is not authorized by the trademark owner
- You have determined in good faith after a reasoned analysis that the use of the trademark is not fair use
- The information in your notice is accurate
Contacts and Survey/Feedback Contact
Please email any questions, comments or media requests to: [email protected]
Users may be requested to complete surveys to let us know how the site works for you, and how we can improve it.
© Copyright 2018 Linkr Media, Inc.